OUToor Track and field 2023
General Outdoor Program Information:
Head Coach: Chris Conley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coaches: Shane Zanetti, email@example.com, Tom Reilly, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Jon Hoek, email@example.com
Modified Coach: Tim Horst, firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication: Please do these 3 things ASAP
1. Visit our website: https://www.saratogaxctf.com/outdoor-track
2. Join our team remind: Text @togatracka to 81010 (many of you are on already from last Spring, Indoor or from XC, you don't need to rejoin)
3. Join our Team Canvas Page: (many of you are on already)
- ALL ATHLETES WELCOME, WE DO NOT MAKE CUTS BASED ON ABILITY. GOOD EFFORT AND ATTITUDE IS ALL YOU NEED!
- Official practice for Grades 9-12 begins on March 13 at 2:45pm at the high school.
- Official practice for Grades 7-8 begins on March 20 at 2:45pm at the high school
- We will meet at the high school for all levels. On certain days, we MAY meet at another location. Coaches will communicate this information as needed via REMIND, and more in-depth updates will be shared.
- There is a bus that will drop Maple Ave. students at the high school. From there, they can change in our locker room and meet with the high school athletes. Parents pickup from the high school once practice is over.
- 6 days a week, Monday- Saturday. On school days practice will start at 2:45 sharp and finish between around 5pm (each event group may be a little different). On days we do not have school we will practice at 9am and will be done between around 11am.
- Practice occurs in event groups. Please consider where you'd like to train (Coaches will also offer input)
Sprint/Jump/Hurdle- Coach Conley, Remind: @togajumps to 81010
Mid-Distance and Hurdle- Coach Reilly, Remind: @400800sc to 81010
Distance- Coach Zanetti, Remind: @togaxc20 to 81010
- Good running shoes: Nike Pegasus, Saucony Endorphin Speed, and Asics Nova are a few popular suggestions. See the experts at Irun Local or Fleet Feet for more information.
- A running watch- usually $20-30 at Target or Wal-Mart. THIS IS A NEED!!
- Clothing for weather on the given day. We practice in almost any conditions.
Uniforms: OUR UNIFORM STORE WILL BE OPEN 2/28-3/20, SO UNIFORMS CAN ARRIVE BEFORE THE FIRST MEETS. IN THE UNIFORM STORE YOU WILL FIND BOTTOMS AND A TEAM JACKET. THE JACKET IS OPTIONAL. IF YOU PURCHASE THESE ITEMS, YOU WILL OWN THEM AND THEY DO NOT NEEED TO BE RETURNED. IF YOU DID NOT ORDER YOUR OWN, THE TEAM WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ONE THROUGH OUR INVENTORY. THIS MUST BE RETURNED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. SEE THE LINK TO THEW BOATHOUSE TEAM STORE BELOW.
DISTANCE- ENDURANCE SHORTS
SPRINT/JUMPS- COMPRESSION SKINZ
THROWS- FIELD SHORTS
TOPS- THESE WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE TEAM AND MUST BE RETURNED AT THE END OF THE SEASON
ATHLETES BORROWING UNIFORMS CAN SIGN THEM OUT AT OUR PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT! DATE IS TBD
- Registration must be completed and submitted on Family ID. Sign up for the appropriate level of Boys Outdoor Track. Family ID opens 2/13 for JV and Varsity and 2/27 for Modified. Link below
- Make sure your physical is up to date
- On the school website under athletics it walks you through FamilyID if necessary!
- If you did NOT create a Family ID account last year, you must create one. Then sign up.
- If you did create an account last year, you just need to log in, update any necessary information, and sign up.
- Exceptional middle schoolers made be asked to "move up" to JV or Varsity. This will require a physical fitness test and the APP Paperwork below should be completed. Coaches will handle this on an individual basis. Testing dates are March 7-8 (pick 1 date) after school in the Maple Ave. gym.
Registration Links- APP documents and Family ID Link
Fundraiser Documents- Amazon Gift Card Raffle