General Outdoor Program Information:
Head Coach: Chris Conley, email@example.com
Assistant Coaches: Shane Zanetti, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tom Reilly, email@example.com, and Jon Hoek, firstname.lastname@example.org
Modified Coach: Tim Horst, email@example.com
Communication: Please do these 3 things ASAP
1. Visit our website: https://www.saratogaxctf.com/outdoor-track
2. Join our team remind: Text @togatracka to 81010 (many of you are on already from last Spring, Indoor or from XC, you don't need to rejoin)
3. Join our Team Canvas Page: (many of you are on already)
- Official practice for Grades 9-12 begins on March 14 at 3:00pm at the high school.
- Official practice for Grades 7-8 begins on March 21 at 3:00pm at the high school
- We will meet at the high school for all levels. On certain days, we MAY meet at another location. Coaches will communicate this information as needed via REMIND, and more in-depth updates will be shared.
- There is a bus that will drop Maple Ave. students at the high school. From there, they can change in our locker room and meet with the high school athletes. Parents pickup from the high school once practice is over.
- 6 days a week, Monday- Saturday. On school days practice will start at 3:00 sharp and finish between around 5pm (each event group may be a little different). On days we do not have school we will practice at 9am and will be done between around 11am.
- Practice occurs in event groups. Please consider where you'd like to train (Coaches will also offer input)
Sprint/Jump/Hurdle- Coach Conley, Remind: @togajumps to 81010
Mid-Distance and Hurdle- Coach Reilly, Remind: @400800sc to 81010
Distance- Coach Zanetti, Remind: @togaxc20 to 81010
- Good running shoes: Nike Pegasus, Asics DS Trainers are a few popular suggestions. See the experts at Irun Local or Fleet Feet for more information.
- A running watch- usually $20-30 at Target or Wal-Mart. THIS IS A NEED!!
- Clothing for weather on the given day. We practice in almost any conditions.
Uniforms: OUR UNIFORM STORE HAS CLOSED TO ALLOW PROCESSING AND SHIPPING TIME, SO UNIFORMS CAN ARRIVE BEFORE THE FIRST MEETS. IF YOU DID NOT ORDER YOUR OWN, THE TEAM WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ONE THROUGH OUR INVENTORY. THIS MUST BE RETURNED AT THE END OF THE YEAR.
ATHLETES BORROWING UNIFORMS CAN SIGN THEM OUT AT OUR PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT!
- Registration must be completed and submitted on Family ID. Sign up for the appropriate level of Boys Outdoor Track. Link below
- Make sure your physical is up to date
- On the school website under athletics it walks you through FamilyID if necessary!
- If you did NOT create a Family ID account last year, you must create one. Then sign up.
- If you did create an account last year, you just need to log in, update any necessary information, and sign up.
COVID Protocols: Currently there are no COVID or masking mandates we need to follow this Spring!
Everything is subject to change based on guidance for NYS, Saratoga County Dept. of Health, and the school district
NEVER ATTEND PRACTICE IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK!