General Indoor Program Information:
- Varsity Head Coach: Chris Conley, email@example.com
- Varsity Assistant Coaches: Shane Zanetti, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tom Reilly, email@example.com, and Jon Hoek
Communication: Please do these 3 things ASAP
1. Visit our website: https://www.saratogaxctf.com/indoor-track
2. Join our team remind: Text @togatracka to 81010 (many of you are on already from last spring or from XC, you don't need to rejoin)
3. Join our Team Canvas Page: (many of you are on already)
- Official practice for Grades 9-12 begins on November 15 at 3:00pm at the high school.
- During the school year, we will meet at the high school for all levels. On certain days, we MAY meet at another location. Coaches will communicate this information as needed via REMIND, and more in-depth updates will be shared.
- There is a bus that will drop Maple Ave. students at the high school. From there, they can change in our locker room and meet with the high school athletes.
- 6 days a week, Monday- Saturday. Sometimes we have meets on Sunday. If that is the case you will get a weekday off. On school days practice will start at 3:00 sharp and finish between around 5pm (each event group may be a little different. On days we do not have school we will practice at 9am and will be done between around 11am.
- Practice occurs in event groups. Please consider where you'd like to train (Coaches will also offer input)
Sprint/Jump/Hurdle- Coach Conley, Remind: @kh2gaaf to 81010
Throws- Coach Hoek and Coach Conklin
Mid-Distance and Hurdle- Coach Reilly, Remind: @400800sc to 81010
Distance- Coach Zanetti, Remind: @togaxc20 to 81010
- Good running shoes: Nike Pegasus, Asics DS Trainers are a few popular suggestions. See the experts at Irun Local or Fleet Feet for more information.
- A running watch- usually $20-30 at Target or Wal-Mart. THIS IS A NEED!!
- Clothing for weather on the given day. We practice in almost any conditions.
Athletes purchase their own uniforms (top and bottom are mandatory, jacket is optional). A link to the online store will be share over Remind and on the team site (below). If purchasing your own uniform is not financially possible, please contact Coach Zanetti and we can provide one for the season.
Tops: Same for everyone
Bottoms: Compression Skinz for Sprint/Jump, Endurance Shorts for Mid- Distance and Distance, Field Shorts for Throwers
- Registration must be completed and submitted on Family ID. Sign up for Varsity Boys Indoor Track. Link below
- Make sure your physicals are up to date
- On the school website under athletics it walks you through FamilyID if necessary!
- If you did NOT create a Family ID account last year, you must create one. Then sign up.
- If you did create an account last year, you just need to log in, update any necessary information, and sign up.
- If you are a Middle Schooler you must be moved up to Freshman. THERE IS NO MODIFIED. you must also complete the Athletic Placement Process paperwork before official practice on 11/15.
- The fitness test will occur on 11/9 and 11/10, after school, at Maple Ave in Gym F
Click the link below, print the whole packet, complete pages B and the top of C, and then return the whole packet to a coach.
- The meet schedule will be finalized soon. For long term planning purposes, the meets are on either Saturday or Sunday each week. They start the first weekend of December.
Everything is subject to change based on guidance for NYS, Saratoga County Dept. of Health, and the school district
MASK ON ANYTIME YOU ARE INSIDE A SCHOOL BUILDING OR BUS!
NEVER ATTEND PRACTICE IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK!
NO SPECTATORS AT LOCAL TRACK MEETS
ANY TRACK MEET AT THE NYC ARMORY REQUIRES PROOF OF VACCINATION. IF YOU ARE NOT VACCINATED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THOSE MEETS. THIS IS A NYC REGULATION, NOT A SCHOOL OR TEAM POLICY.