General XC Program Information:
- Varsity Head Coach: Shane Zanetti, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freshman Head Coach: Tom Reilly, email@example.com
- Modified Head Coach: Brady Bobbitt, Bobbitt.firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication: Please do these 3 things ASAP
1. Visit or website: www.saratogaxctf.com
2. Join our team remind: Text @togaxc20 to 81010 (many of you are on already)
3. Join our Team Canvas Page: (many of you are on already)
Cross-country is a team sport that is based on individual effort. A team is only as strong as the individuals that comprise it. On this team you will be coached as individuals in an effort to make the team as successful as possible. A commitment to team excellence on your behalf, will lead to individual success. The two are NOT mutually exclusive!!
Vision of the Saratoga Springs Boy’s Cross-Country Program:
To help develop young men who are committed to excellence as young men, students, and as athletes
1. Approach each day with an excitement and enthusiasm uncommon amongst high school student-athletes
2. Work hard and do your best every day
3. Act in a selfless manner- always consider the effect of your actions on others
4. Be present- focus on how you can maximize the moment you find yourself in
5. Be grateful- you will have a tremendous amount of support
6. Represent- everything you do, good or otherwise, will reflect on the program
7. Enjoy the process- have fun. You can only be on a team like this for a small window of time.
8. Communication- take responsibility for yourself
9. BELIEVE- In yourself and in your teammates
One of the primary goals of this season will be to build and develop a culture that leads to the achievement of the programs vision. This will be your legacy!
- Official practice for Freshman, JV and Varsity (Grades 9-12) begins on August 23 at 8:30 am at the Pitney Meadows Community Farm (223 West Ave., Saratoga Springs). The Modified (Grades 7-8) will begin at the same time and location on August 30
- Use the 2nd Entrance (closest to the YMCA) and drive down to the 2nd opening. Meet near the bathrooms
- During the school year, we will meet at the high school for all levels. On certain days, we MAY meet at another location. Coaches will communicate this information as needed via REMIND, and more in-depth updates will be shared.
- There is a bus that will drop Maple Ave. students at the high school. From there, they can change in our locker room and meet with the high school athletes.
- 6 days a week, Monday- Saturday. On school days practice will start at 3:00 sharp and finish between 4:30 and 5pm. On days we do not have school we will practice at 8:30am and will be done between 10:15 and 10:30.
- Good running shoes: Nike Pegasus, Asics DS Trainers are a few popular suggestions. See the experts at Irun Local or Fleet Feet for more information.
- A running watch- usually $20-30 at Target or Wal-Mart. THIS IS A NEED!!
- Clothing for weather on the given day. We practice in almost any conditions.
- Uniform: Athletes purchase their own uniforms (top and bottom are mandatory, jacket is optional). A link to the online store will be share over Remind and on the team site. If purchasing your own uniform is not financially possible, please contact Coach Zanetti and we can provide one for the season.
- Registration must be completed and submitted on Family ID.
- Make sure your physicals are up to date
- On the school website under athletics it walks you through FamilyID if necessary!
- If you did NOT create a Family ID account last year, you must create one. Then sign up.
- If you did create an account last year, you just need to log in, update any necessary information, and sign up.
- If you are a Middle Schooler that will be moved up to Freshman (based on coach’s decision and athlete experience), you must also complete the Athletic Placement Process paperwork before the end of the school year. This only applies to a small group of athletes.
- The meet schedule will be finalized over the summer. For long term planning purposes, the meets generally begin the first week of September and are held on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Most people will end their season the final Saturday of October. Some will continue through November. Our schedyle can be found below.
Everything is subject to change based on guidance for NYS, Saratoga County Dept. of Health, and the school district
MASK ON ANYTIME YOU ARE INSIDE A SCHOOL BUILDING OR BUS!
NEVER ATTEND PRACTICE IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK!